|Release date||February 3, 2014|
|Hosted by||Scott Aukerman|
|Guests|| Doug Benson|
|What Does the Fonz Say?||Off the Grid|
You must know by now that Doug Benson loves movies, dining with Karen, and getting Doug right? Doug & cartoonist/author Paul Hornschemeier join Scott to talk about Paul’s new book “Artists Authors Thinkers Directors,” their all time favorite movies, and the Grammys. Later, Smaug the Dragon swoops in to share his distaste with his portrayal in the Hobbit films, tell us about his Kickstarter, and to play some of his folk parody songs. Plus, farts are discussed during a game of Would You Rather!
Scott claims Gravity is the only movie in history that's title contains something that does not appear in the film. Scott relates a story of meeting a girl's parents on a first date when he was 19 and being made to feel ashamed of claiming Back to the Future as his favorite movies. He also sings the words to the musical interlude of "The Godfather Theme Song" that he used to sing at karaoke with Doug. He also talks about his conflicted feelings of loving The Naked Gun because O.J. Simpson is in it.
Smaug arrives and asks for gold to use for a mattress. He gives Doug some tips about smoking pot on Getting Doug with High. He claims The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is unfair and biased toward the hobbits, who were trying to rob him of his mattress. He sings some parody folk songs. Doug says a friend claims Matt Besser sounds like Owen Wilson, so Scott does back-to-back impressions of both, which Smaug doesn't necessarily agree with. Smaug does a Matt Besser impression, which is really a Jimmy Stewart impression. Scott eventually tries to stab Smaug with a pencil, but it just irritates him.
Would you rather have the offspring of every animal/human being/hobbit you ever ate challenge you to a duel OR have Charles Grodin lecture you every time you fart and/or breathe fire?
Paul and Smaug are declared the winners.
- Catchphrase suggestion: KevinZero
- CBB Weather Report: "Hot still. We're in the middle of a drought."
- Surf Report: "Big waves probably. I don't know, I'm not out there. How am I supposed to know?"
- Flipping through Vagina: Scott makes reference to 200: Halfway to China.
- Captain EO: Scott talks to Doug about his appearance as an extra.
- Friday Night Lights!: Paul mentions he bought the UCB Improv Manual for his wife.
- SIde-by-Side: a reference is made to side-by-sides.
- New Show Names: Scott calls the show "Comedy Bing-Bong-Bang."